Cannot retrieve back the comment

Hi Apliqo Expert,
I have used the following method to comment a value. However, I couldn’t retrieve back the comment (only admin can retrieve it).

I also found similar question that have been raised in the forum, but no solution provided:
Canvas Commentary and SSO - Canvas / Canvas Questions - Cubewise Forum

Please advise on how to retrieve back the comment. Thanks.

Regards,
SKTan

What version are you using?
I believe that in our initial comments implementation we were doing a direct query to the }CellAnnotations cube but I believe this should have been fixed and the annotations property of the cell in the originating cube should be being queried.
However, if you are still on an older version then this would be fixed by ensuring that any user with at least READ access to the underlying cube also has READ access to the matching }CellAnnotations_CubeName cube.

Hi cw-ch,
Currently, I am using version: 2023.05, but I can’t this }CellAnnotations cube in my contentstore instance.

Since this has been fixed in the latest version, then I will upgrade to the latest version and try it out. Thanks.

Regards,
SKTan

The annotations cube is in the base model, not in the content store.

Hi cw-ch,
I have upgraded the Apliqo UX to 2023.10, the auto retrieve from }CellAnnotations cube from the base model still not working. I need to manual grant the read access to }CellAnnotations cube in order for the user to see own and others comment. Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,
SKTan

OK thanks for letting us know. We will look into this as that shouldn’t be the case. There must still be a query direct to the annotations cube. In the meantime you have a workaround just by ensuring that users have READ access to any annotations cube where they have at least READ access to the base cube.

ok, sure, thanks