Our Setup :
TM1 : Integrated Security Mode 5
Pulse : * Version: 5.5.1 ,
* Client API Version: 6
Instance Settings :
Security Type : CAM User/Password
User Name : service-acct-name@domain.name
Password : correct password

I’m aware this is very old version but just checking if there is a quick solution without having to upgrade.

Issue 1 :
Unable to document system: Unable to log into service TM1ServiceName with user name service-acct-name@domain.name : SystemServerClientNotFound
service-acct-name exists in active directory & tm1 but without the domain name.
Please note that the service account name is different than the one tm1 services are running under.
Also, Pulse Services are running as ‘Local System Account’.
We can monitor, start, stop services fine. However, we can not update the documentation.

Issue 2 :
Alerts have been set but do not seem to work e.g. we do not get email notifications. When pulse web client is open it shows alert notifications being actioned but doesn’t actually do anything e.g. for Cancel Thread alert, the user will get a message on his pulse web client screen if open that the thread is being cancelled but doesn’t actually cancel the thread.
This is a major issue for us since if tm1 database goes down we don’t get email.

Thanks.

Hi @drd,

A few additional questions below:

Pulse 5.5.1 is extremely old
Any chance of upgrading?

Issue1: Unable to Document System

Have you tried checking the items mentioned in this post below?

Issue2: Alerts not firing

In the Pulse config, what is the WriteToWindowsEventLog property set to?
( there was a bug related to this, fixed in subsequent Pulse versions )

Alternatively it could be the user Pulse is set to run on does not have sufficient rights.
Pulse services should be set to execute with a proper service account and not the local system account.

Hi @gpool, thanks for your response. Yes, I did check that post as well as other similar posts from the forum. That’s why I made my question as detailed as possible, even including the settings that are not as per recommendation.

Not sure when we’ll upgrade. I’ll check the WriteToWindowsEventLog setting and let you know.

Changing the WriteToWindowsEventLog parameter from False to True had no effect.
The Pulse services are running under ‘Local System Account’ hence they already have access to TM1 folders. Does this really need to be same as tm1 service account, ( will have to get IT involved) ? The article only says ‘recommended’. Could there be anything else that I can try apart from upgrading & changing the service account ?

Hi @drd,

Changing the WriteToWindowsEventLog parameter from False to True had no effect.

Thanks for checking that.

The Pulse services are running under ‘Local System Account’ hence they already have access to TM1 folders. Does this really need to be same as tm1 service account, ( will have to get IT involved) ? The article only says ‘recommended’.

The account used for the Pulse services, does not have to be the same BUT it should have the same level of security rights as the tm1 service account.
( assuming the TM1 service account itself has the right level of access right…administrator level )

Could there be anything else that I can try apart from upgrading & changing the service account ?

The first step would be to check / fix the user account, then restart everything (Pulse services) and recheck.
As you are running an old Pulse version there may still be other reasons the documentation is not working.
To look further into the reason for this one can log a support ticket at the link below, using the BUG template when opening the issue:

Thanks