Use media viewer & upload to upload excel files that can be downloaded after

Hi,
Is there a way to use the media viewer widget to allow for a simple attach file option?
For example, we have some adhoc excel files which are sometimes used for planning and we would like to be able to organize this inside ApliqoUX using an upload & download functionality.

I know the media viewer is limited to pictures and videos, but is there any other way?

Thanks

You can upload an excel file to folder in server.
@csivridemir did this in a project.
But you cannot view the excel file on apliqo

1 Like

Hi, we used Media Upload so that client can upload Excel Files to the defined directories reside in Apliqo application(webapps/assets/). We load the data of uploaded excels to tm1 and check the data in tm1 by using view as in the below:

1 Like

Hi! This is interesting to know. I was trying to upload an excel directly into the mediaupload widget but it just doesnt capture the excel file somehow. How did you manage to make it work?
Thanks

After adding a new widget, we configured cube and advanced settings of widget as below. “SatısKanalıBazında” is the name of directory and it is not encessary to write full path to the “path” varible.
(FullPath=“C:\Program Files\cubewise\Apliqo\webapps\Butce_Test\files\Rasyo\SatısKanalıBazında”)

mediaUploadSettings

1 Like

Thanks! managed to make it work as your suggestions.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi there,
So i managed to get it to upload and store the data. How can users download it? currently the widget just displays “blank” like this:

I am looking for the same functionality. Did you find a way to download excel files that were uploaded with the media viewer & upload widget?

Thanks!

Hi, sorry for the late reply. We didnt find a solution for this one yet. I also saw there is a another similar post for this too here in case you’re interested.

I tend to think that the ability to downlad as opposed to view previously uploaded files shouldn’t be that significant of a change to the media uploader widget. Have you made an enhancement request for this feature? apliqoc3ux / apq-c3-ux / issues — Bitbucket?

1 Like

Same content: UX Excel upload for info - #5 by monder

There can be one enhancement:
Upload widget is showing the media automatically.
And because browser cannot open an excel file, it is automatically downloading.
So if there can be an option in the media upload widget to just support uploading without showing, that would be great.

Thanks
Muhammed

1 Like

Thanks! I opened the ticket there now :grinning:

apliqoc3ux / apq-c3-ux / issues / #719 - Media File Viewer & Uploader with a download button to serve as an attachment bin — Bitbucket

We have a similar requirement as well, and I “think” right now the media upload widget only allows to upload one file and a new upload would overwrite the new file.

Customer wants to be able to upload supplement files via UX during planning, it could be 1 file, could be 10 files, and each file may have different nature so creating measures for them does not make sense and it may also make the media upload quite difficult to use.

Would like to have a way to store a list of files too via the media upload widget, and able to download them back through UX as well.

you can leverage comment functionality for this. (it has the ability to store media or links)
or you can create another cube with 1 more line dimension to store file information.
with a good UX design, it won’t be difficult to use.