$tm1Ui.attributeGet - issue with comma in element parameter

Hi ,
I am from ApliqoUX team, as part of one of the functionalities I am using attributeGet method from canvas api, below is the code snippet:

###########
this.$tm1Ui.attributeGet(this.INST_CONTENTSTORE, this.UX_DIMENSION, viewKey, “viewDef”).then(viewDef => {
return viewDef
}).catch(e => { this.$log.warn(e) })
###########

from the above code snippet, viewKey is element name parameter with value: ‘User1, 123->a13.v1’.

As viewKey value includes a comma. in this particular case I am getting below error :

http://localhost:8080/ut/api/dbr/batch ---- 400 Bad Request

I think the api considering ‘User1’ and ‘123->a13.v1’ as two separate parameters and giving error
Can you please provide a solution for this issue as early as possible, as this is an urgent issue ?

Below is the screenshot for the error I am getting in console, you can find the more details in screenshot:

Hi @vsridhar,

That element/name should be escapable with double quotes.

So for example on the above, your attributeGet() will be something like:

this.$tm1Ui.attributeGet(this.INST_CONTENTSTORE, this.UX_DIMENSION, '"' + viewKey + '"', "viewDef").then(viewDef => { return viewDef }).catch(e => { this.$log.warn(e) })

Here is another example with what I am trying to achieve above - but with hard-coded values for more visual:

$tm1Ui.attributeGet($scope.values.instance, 'My Dimension', '"User1, 123->a13.v1"', 'viewDef').then(...);

Let us know how it goes.

Paul