Tm1-ui-subnm's and tm1-ui-element-list's tm1-attribute appears to be space "sensitive"

Hi all,

We just had a problem on our project that we have created, we have an attribute called “Short Description” on our model, and we want to use that to show our elements on Canvas.

And we have been debugged for the whole day and not understand why it is not showing the alias correctly, at the end, we have played around with the name, we have put “Short_Description” instead of"Short Description" on Canvas and eventually got it to work.

Is this the correct behaviour?

Regards

Tat

Hi @twong,

What is the TM1’s version and Fix Pack that you are using it on?

And just a side note, the attribute tm1-default-element’s value should be an element, not an attribute / alias.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It’s version 1.2.

So, the tm1-default-element might affect the behaviour? I would assume if I put in an invalid element, in theory it should just take the subset’s 1st element as default as sometimes you just cannot avoid the “change”, one day could be this name, the next day this element might be deleted and most cases you won’t go update Canvas for that.

Regards

Tat

Hi @twong,

I meant, what is your TM1 version?

Paul

Hi Paul,

The TM1 version is TM1 10.2.2 FP5.

Regards

Tat

Hi @twong,

Thanks for that!

The reason why I asked that was because this one is related to the TM1 version and how TM1 was interpreting attributes with spaces. I could not remember the exact interim fix on FP5, but this is definitely working from 10.2.20601.81 at least.

The tm1-default-element does not affect that and you are correct on your assumption with the behavior. Just wanted to point that it should be an element, and not an alias.

There is a ticket already in place that should be able to work on this, so for now, just take note that the above will work on FP6 and higher.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information.

So I assume this is a problem from the TM1 REST API and not Canvas.

Regards

Tat