timeout in ARC

Is there a way to adjust the timeout in ARC so I don’t get logged out so often

Brian

Hi @bknott,

It is a TM1 setting HTTPSessionTimeoutMinutes, add that to your tm1s.cfg file. Arc doesn’t manage the sessions.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

you can also save the password for the TM1 server. So a timeout will have lesser of an impact as the client logs you in automatically again.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi @tryan,

Apologies to revive an old topic. It was either post here or start a new topic, and I figured better to just continue here.

We are currently using Arc v3.1.0. Timeouts in Arc are almost making it unusable at the moment. I have configured the tm1s.cfg on each TM1 services with:
HTTPSessionTimeoutMinutes=240

However, Arc is giving us a timeout message after literally only a couple of minutes of inactivity. If I stop to check something else I am almost guaranteed to be timed out of Arc when I come back. This is occurring for others who use Arc as well. Also the process of logging back into Arc is very slow.

This timing out does not happen in Pulse, Canvas, Apliqo, Perspectives, Architect, etc.

Are there any other settings I can adjust to help address this timeout issues?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Epistemophile ,

There is a setting in the Arc settings file to manage the timeout in Arc, go to the Arc folder and open the settings.yml and you will find the settings below:

# The number of minutes a sessions will timeout when idle
sessiontimeout: 20

What is the value of the sessiontimeout?

However we have another customer who is experiencing a similar behavior, the ticket number is #1548.

I hope this help,

Cheers,

Vincent

Thanks @Vincent!

We didn’t have that parameter listed in our settings.yml file at all.

I have added it to the end of the file with a parameter of 60.
sessiontimeout: 60

Restarted Arc service on the box and will see how it goes today. Fingers crossed! Will let you know either way.

So far signs are very good! Haven’t done any empirical tests, but in general usage it’s definitely feeling infinitely better so far.

Awesome thanks for the update.