Time Slider in Apliqo UX

Hello

I’m trying to replicate the Time Slider in Apliqo UX for different instance, cube and time dimension.
However, I’m struggle to do it.

I have a cube view of Stock Prices and use Date dimension and change the List Type to Timeslider. However, the Time Slider doesn’t appear. Does anyone have a further instruction how to create the Time Slider filter selection?

Hi @jliando
Currently the time slider has some “limitations” in terms of what dimensions it can recognize. You need a continuous time dimension called T Year-Month with defined naming for month elements, quarters, halves, years.

For your use case though via use of 2 helper dimensions you should be able to define a [from]:[to] MDX range fairly easily.

1 Like

Thanks @cw-ch-scott Scott for your reply.
I’ve followed your tips by bringing T Year-Month dimension to the instance and create a cube with additional T Year-Month dimension.

However, I have issues in dynamically changing the min and max value in Chart.

I put Date and T Year-Month dimensions in the column.

However, when I apply the Timeslider in View (Table) instead of Dashboard (Chart) it works as below.

Whooa @jliando
You are kinda pushing the envellope here with a creative use case stacking column dimensions with the time slider controller dimension with a more detailed dimension which I’m pretty sure we have not thought of when designing the time slider.
Nice!

AFAIK the time slider should also work in dashboards as well as views. Here the time slider itself is on the dashboard level. So if you want changes from dashboard filters to affect updates to widgets then you need to make sure you don’t have any widget level settings in conflict with the dashboard level as the lower level widget settings will have priority.

In the widget column settings what happens if you clear the value and value max settings? I think if you do this the values from the dashboard filter shoudl flow through.

1 Like

Ah @cw-ch-scott it’s just the TM1 ability for stacking dimensions. Anyways, it’s good to play around with Apliqo UX. I’ll try again with the chart if conceptually it should work as with a view. Cheers. :slight_smile:

As Scott pointed out the timeslider as of today has a fair few limitations. The reason is that this component was initially designed for specific use cases in our pre-built solutions (i.e. Apliqo FPM). We will at some stage re-factor the whole component so that it can be used more flexibly and does not require the use of specific dimension names etc.
Currently the timeslider does not work properly in dashboards. I have however found a little workaround that might be cutting it for you by using the placeholder syntax for “Value” and “Value Max” that works in my test setup. Please refer to the screenshot below:

1 Like

Hi @aalex Andreas, perfect! Thanks for the tip and the Timeslider works in Chart using $<< >>.

Only the presentation of the default element is the original code.