Symbol issue: | will be replaced by /

Hi teams,
When I try to enter the | ( shift + \ ) symbol in the cell on UX. (as pic 1.)
It will be immediately replaced by / . (as pic 2.)

Has anyone encountered the same situation? Is there any solution? Thanks.

Version is 2.5.2.1.

pic 1.

pic 2.

I confirm I can replicate this in 2.5.2.2
My assumption is that this is a built-in “feature” of handsontable. We will look into it.

In the meantime can you change the delimiter you are passing to the process to use + or & or ¦ which won’t be substituted?

1 Like

Hi @cw-ch-scott,

Thank you for your reply.
We will try to communicate with clients using other symbols. We encountered this problem because in the past, it was used by them.

Thanks,
Jacky

Hi @cw-ch-scott,

I found another symbol problem. When I try to enter the " (double quotes) in the cell on UX.

It will be immediately replaced by & # 3 4 ;. This will only be discovered after double clicking. (as pic 1.) The contents of the cell will really become the wrong symbol. (as pic 2.)

It looks like UX will change double quotes to html symbol? Is any suggestion or solution?

Version is 2.5.2.1.

Thanks,
Jacky

pic 1.

pic 2.

Hi @jlai

We will look into the character substitution. In the meantime unfortunately I can’t suggest anything except a workaround like additional measures P1name, P1value, P2name, P2value, etc. and then make the PARAMETERS measure rule calculated. :frowning:

Also you could define the ENABLE measure as a custom checkbox if you like.

"customCheckbox": 
[
    {
        "colNames": "ENABLE", 
        "checkboxSettings": 
        {
            "checkedTemplate": "Y",
            "uncheckedTemplate": "N"
        }
    }
]

Hi @cw-ch-scott,

Thank you for your reply. Looking forward to a solution in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Jacky