Search function

Hi Team,
Is there a list of rules by which the search function is supposed to work ?
We think this is a useful feature of Pulse, but it’s difficult to figure out how this works.

For instance, what is the difference between the search with & without wildcards ( * ).
If you have a hyphen ( - ) in your search then the wildcard do not give any results ( e.g. Non-Payroll ).

Also, does it return only 3 instances of the keyword in a TI process. We were looking for a typo in our TI & pulse came back with 3 results whereas in actual there were 6 instances.

Thanks,
Deepak

Hi Deepak,

By using wildcards, you can find a partial match of words, for example, acc* will find words such as account.

The search should be able to return all results, as you can see in the example, Pulse returned 4 occurrences:

I just did a quick test and I confirm that Pulse is not able to find words containing hypens such as Non-Payroll, it would be great if you could create a ticket on the support platform: Issues · Cubewise CODE / Pulse for TM1 · GitLab

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi @drd,

this has been addressed in Pulse 5.8.2.

Regards,

Erik

Hi Vincent, thanks for your reply.
As you can see from your screenshot as well, it shows only 4 records with the keyword that you’re searching for. Can you confirm if there’s any setting in Pulse that restricts the results to 3-4 only ?

Thanks,
Deepak

Hi Vincent, did you get a chance to look at my last query regarding the number of occurrences of a keyword ?

Further, we still don’t get how exactly this feature works.

E.g. If you have 3 TI processes named ‘Turbo Int - Part 1’, ‘Turbo Int - Part 2’ & ‘Turbo Int - Whatever’ and you searched for keyword ‘Turbo Int’ in Processes then it only highlights one of the 3 TI processes.
Why does it exclude the remaining 2 TI processes even though they contain keyword ‘Turbo Int’ inside the code (apart from having that in the name as well) similar to the third TI process ?

We’ve tried following combinations while searching, yet only shows just one TI process :

1. Turbo Int
  2. Turbo Int
  3. “Turbo Int”
  4. ‘Turbo Int’

Thanks,
Deepak

Hi @drd,

Firstly answering your question. Yes, the search feature in Pulse, only returns a sample of the last 3 lines where the Pattern has been found.

Secondly, In regards of the hyphen, I extend my apologies as my previous response was referring to a different issue in this utility. Pulse uses Lucene under the hood to support this feature, the hyphen is a known issue in this utility, currently the workaround for this is to search hyphened names using double quotes, i.e “Non-Payroll”.

Regards,

Erik

Thanks Erik, will keep that in mind.

Regards,
drd

And when is 5.8.2 going to be released? No sign of it on the release board https://forum.cubewise.com/c/pulse/pulse-clients

Can you please elaborate @ecarmona ? This is news to me and seems to be dangerous. Maybe when there are so many hits (like 1000s) that it is siply not feasible to render the render the result in a list then just display the first x hits, that seems reasonable. But most of the time when a developer is using the search feature in Pulse it is to do some kind of impact analysis or prepare for a find/replace and it is absolutely vital that you see all the search hits!

Hi @cw-ch-scott,

If you create a ticket we can look at making the display value configurable and also showing the “hits”.

Hi @Vincent, @ecarmona, @tryan, @cw-ch-scott I’d also like to draw your attention to this case where only one TI process was highlighted even though there were 3 ( even if it’s just last 3 occurrences at the moment, but in the list of objects all three should have been included ). I think this one went unanswered.

Thanks, drd.

Hi Team, did you get a chance to look into my last message ?

Hi @drd,

Could you please upgrade to Pulse v5.8.2 and test again? A fix was added into v5.8.2 to overcome processes being skipped by the search.

If you still have your issue after upgrading to v5.8.2, please create a ticket (Issues · Cubewise CODE / Pulse for TM1 · GitLab) with more information such as TM1 objects, TM1 version and screenshots.

Cheers,

Vincent