Reminder and navigation buttons

Hi Team - Can you please advise on how to achieve the following requirements in Apliqo, thank you in advance.

Version: 2023.02

1. I would like to remind users to hit the Action Button (which does a bunch of tasks behind the scenes) prior to leaving the Apliqo, please advise if this is feasible in Apliqo? if so can you point me to the steps.

2. I need to create a home page where I would like to give users functionality wise action buttons so that they can navigate to the desired Apliqo page by just clicking the buttons on the home page.

Thanks,
Rupesh

Regarding point 1 there isn’t standard functionality to pop up message when the user closes the browser. The problem is there are number points of failure in getting these processes run.

1. The user ignores the message and closes the browser anyway. Meaning the process are not run.
  2. The user is logged out by the Apliqo Server or the PA. The user never re-logs into the server to run the processes.
  3. The user logs out of windows without closing the browser session.

A better way would be to track the user’s last log on and log off time from the PA server on the PA Server. If the user has logged on and logged off since the last time the processes had be run for the user, the PA server runs the process on the user’s behalf.

Regarding point 2, there is navigation widget that can be used for this. An example can be found in the ApliqoUX Demo. You will also find that there are many ways to navigate users around ApliqoUX.

In the Apliqo Demo there are examples of Welcome Pages that use html. They do require some html knowledge. One of these could be adapted to your requirements.

Setting the home page for the user is done in the ContentStore toolkit. This is done at Maintenance \ User Settings \ Set Homepage. The home page set for the Default User is the default home page for all users that don’t have a home page set for themselves.

2 Likes

For point 1
You can add a Listener and a function below into the apq-c3-custom/js/custom-custom-functions.service.js
This will cause the prompt from the browser before closing the page down
However you can not customise the message the default message is
Leave Site?
Changes you made may not be saved.

onInit() {

addEventListener("beforeunload" , (event)=>{
            event.preventDefault();
            event.returnValue = '';
        })
        window.onbeforeunload = ( event) =>{
            event.preventDefault();
            event.returnValue = '';