Release: Arc & Slice v3.4.0

Hi all,

A new version of Arc & Slice is now available to download:

This new release includes many new exciting features such as the code formater for rules and processes:

arc-format-code

All the new enhancements and fixes are available in the release notes:

Happy coding!

Cheers,

Vincent

5 Likes

@Vincent re: the new #1526 auto-save feature - is there any documentation on what might happen if multiple users have the same processes open in their Arc sessions with auto-save turned on? I assume if multiple users are making changes, the newest change will win out, but if one user just has the process open and is not necessarily making any changes, and another user is making changes, will the original base version constantly save over the version in development?

1 Like

Hi @jmattman ,

The auto-save feature is off by default. When it is on, Arc will save at a specific interval what you have on your screen no matter if you made some changes or not to the process.

We just created a ticket to execute the auto-save only if there was a change in the code: Arc - Auto-save - save only if there was a change in the code (#1709) · Issues · Cubewise CODE / Arc and Slice · GitLab

Cheers,

Vincent

1 Like

I know this isn’t a discussion forum but the auto-saving TI processes or rules sounds like a bad idea to me. Risk vastly outweighs the benefit.

Hi @cw-ch-scott ,

This feature was requested by a customer who has repeatedly lost their work due to internet connection problems or laptop problems. Having the auto-save feature on will avoid losing your work.

Cheers,

Vincent

The code formatter is simply awesome

bravo guys :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Vincent thank you for creating the only-auto-save-if-changes ticket request!

The code formatter is super slick!