Pulse monitor log - cleanup of deactivated instances

Hi Pulse team,

We recently did a cleanup of older instances (i.e., removed the TM1 instances from a box where we had Pulse monitor installed). After doing so, we started seeing repeating errors (once every second) on the Pulse monitor log file (i.e., monitor.log) related to Pulse not finding the instances that we removed. This is causing the log file to blow up in size.

2023-11-28 18:16:38.945 refreshServices ERROR   stat /XXXX/tm1s.cfg: no such file or directory

Is there a way to get rid of these old instance references? On our Pulse web server environment/instance settings, we don’t see those old instances anymore and we have also tried removing them from the “db” folder. Even after restarting Pulse web server + monitor, we still continue seeing the error message above. What is the recommended way to completely scrub these old deactivated instances from Pulse? Thanks!

Hi @weiview,

Is that a Windows or Linux box?

If it is Linux, did you also remove the systemd files of those TM1 services?

Cheers!

Paul

AWS is Linux machines for TM1 for sure.

I see thanks @cw-ch-scott!

Hi @weiview,

Then are you able to elaborate on the steps that you did when you say,

removed the TM1 instances from a box

The most likely cause of the above are the systemd files not removed. From the monitor.yml file, you can find in there the list of systemd directories that Pulse Monitor searches for.

That should give a hint as to where the Pulse Monitor is still finding TM1 related instances.

Cheers!

Paul

Thanks for the quick reply guys! Yes, it is indeed a Linux box, and thank you about reminding us of the systemd services. Is that what Pulse monitor is using to identify the TM1 instances?

I do still see the old services still there so I’ll make sure our infra team helps us remove them. Thanks again!

Hi @weiview,

Yes and thanks for the clarification! :v:

Cheers!

Paul