Pulse Alert Template for TI Error

Hi there,

Since Pulse 5.6 or 5.7, a new alert template has introduced for all the TI errors for the mails sending to the administrators.

But is there anyway that we can revert back to the old template?

Regards

Tat

Hi @twong,

No you can’t revert to the old template as we have changed how alerts are triggered in Pulse. You can however customize the alert message to make it look the way you want. You need to edit the default.hbs here:

C:\Program Files\Pulse for TM1\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\alert-templates\default.hbs

The new template language is called Handlebars, you can see the template syntax here: {{ Handlebars.java }} - Blog

We need to update the documentation but it works in a similar way: Customising Your Email Alerts (Pulse 6+ versions) - Cubewise CODE

Hi @tryan,

I can see the file is on Body, but what about Subject?

Actually the Subject for me is more important to filter which one is more important and which one is more likely I need to ignore.

Regards

Tat

Hi @twong,

You can change the alert title in the alert setup:

But it wont display the process name dynamically!

As we have many TI in system, we do not wish to configure each different wildcard, as there could be so many!

The old version would include the process name, so that when I receive the notification, I can determine if I should address it immediately or not.

I agree. I miss the old process alerts, now it’s more difficult to see on mobile which process failed because now I need to open the file.

Hi @twong,

Could you please create an enhancement request?

Cheers,

Vincent

Thanks @Vincent, just logged the enhancement request, the number is #2977.