Pulse Alert Mail was not sent

Hi,

Found some errors captured in Pulse -> Performance -> Instance, but alerts were not sent to the defined group.

Found some error in Pulse.log as below, what these errors mean and how to fix it?
Ver. Pulse 5.8.1

Hi @ecarmona,

This looks very similar to this case I reported in the past (but different “dimension”):
https://support.cubewise.com/code/pulse/issues/1077

Regards

Tat

Hi @vhsieh,

Do you know if SSO has been configured for the Mail server? Can you execute a test form the SMTP settings in Pulse, Can you let us know what happens?

Regards,

Erik

Hi @ecarmona,

If creating a new alert, it is working, but all old alerts failed to work, it is due to they have changed a new SMTP server and the old SMTP server shut down since 31st Jan 2021.

Regards

Tat

Hi @twong,

good point. Back then was an issue regarding a legacy mechanism in the early Pulse 5.x versions.

Regards,

Erik

Hi @twong,

Can you check the e-mail groups? are the e-mail groups the same between the old and new alerts?

Regards,

Erik

Hi,

Two notification groups are different, but I put my mail in both groups.

I replicated another alert the same as the old one for testing, which means two alerts got the same definition except the notification group, then I received two alert mails, which means two alerts working fine at this moment.

Perhaps the old group’s could be wrong; sometimes clients sue semicolons “;” instead of coma “,” to separate the e-mail address.

Hi,

Have already checked no issue in delimitor(paste it to excel), and able to send out alert mail now, just don’t know what those errors in Pulse log means; we have ever changed SMTP server to a new one, is it possible Pulse still holding the old config for some reason or just some issue on the SMTP server side?

Hi @vhsieh,

Pulse does not keep version of settings. Please send us a support ticket and we will take it from there.

Regards,

Erik