Process History

Hi Team,
We’ve these observations about the Process History feature of Pulse :

1. There is an ‘Errors’ column on this screen. What is the purpose of it ?
    Is it to count the number of errors during the last run ? It always shows 0 even when TI fails (& shows red in status ).

2. This one might be as designed behaviour but seems incorrect.
    There’s a ‘Called By’ column on this screen that shows who called the TI.
    Now if we have a scheduled chore with multiple TI processes in it, some TI processes show ‘C:Chore Name’ in Called By column & some show ‘System Thread’ if you check after the scheduled chore is finished. The results keep on changing with each run, sometimes even all of them showing ‘C:Chore Name’. Also, if you run the chore manually, not all will show the user who ran, some will show ‘C:Chore Name’.

Should we wait for a few minutes to get stabilized results ?

Thanks,
Deepak

Hi @deepak.desale,

Sorry for the late reply, in regards of point one has been reported before, I check this out, thanks for highlighting this. Now, about point two, this report will show the last time the process was executed and who was the users that executed the TI either Chore/User, in the case of overlapping executions of the same processes Pulse will report the latest execution in this report. Nevertheless, you can use Query tab of this report and check each individual execution of a given Chore or Process. Concerning Pulse showing the “System Thread”, this has been seen when using the REST API when executing chores and processes, is this the case?

Best Regards,

Erik

Thanks Erik for your reply.
I’ve noted that point one is a bug.
Regarding the second point, you mentioned :

this report will show the last time the process was executed and who was the users that executed the TI either Chore/User

Which is what I thought the report should show as well. However, you also mentioned that :

in the case of overlapping executions of the same processes Pulse will report the latest execution in this report.

I guess you mean, when the same TI process is being run at the same time somehow, right ?
Well the tests we conducted were not parallel, instead in a chore (so sequentially) & manually (one after another). So this note doesn’t apply to our tests.

What i’m precisely referring to is the way pulse shows the Called By value in the Process History report - it is inconsistent. If you run a chore then the called by Column should show C:Chore name for all the TIs in that chore, however, pulse seems to show different Called By value for each Ti process.
I’m happy to provide the test cases in case you want to recreate.
Further, to answer your last question, no we are not running through REST API, all the TI/chores were run through perspective.

Regards,
Deepak

Hi @deepak.desale,

At this stage then, could you please contact your local support office for further follow up.

Regards,

Erik