Formatting Views

Hi,

Q1. I would like to format values in a view as percentages. Is this possible?

I have used element formatting which is applied in some of the views where that dimension is on the rows. In the view I am trying to create, the dimension that has the formatting is a title dimension and the formatting is not applied in the UX view (it is in Architect). There is no formatting on the row or column dimensions or any other dimension.

Q2. What logic does Apliqo UX use to determine the formatting to apply to cells when all elements relating to a cell (title elements, row elements and column elements) can all have different formatting applied?

Thanks.

The UX looks at the format attribute for row and column dimensions. Column format has priority over row format. Formats on filter dimensions are ignored. (this is a little bit different from architect as it also takes format on filter dimensions into account from right to left in stacking order, but only if there isn’t a format from rows or columns).

So if you want to apply % format then the formatting must be on either row or column dimension.

We also have some “special formatting options”. E.g. for a column dimension if you create a attribute called “ibcs-class” and populate it with a value “var” or “varper” then this will automatically create the in-grid variance charts. Best use case for this is a version dimension e.g. format ACT - BUD as “var” and ACT vs. BUD % as “varper”.

This is an old topic, but wondering if I can jump in and ask a follow up question as I’m having trouble getting percentage formatting to display on drill downs.

I have created a zero-consolidation-weighting Gross Margin % ratio account. The account is sitting on rows in a P&L report.

I have followed the standard TM1 formatting method of going to the attributes of this new account and setting the “Format” attribute to b:#.00%P|2|Y in order to format this element as a percentage.

When I go back to my P&L report, the ratio account is now correctly displaying in % format on its row, and the standard P&L accounts above and below are dollar format. This is all great and exactly what I want.

The problem comes when a user performs a drill down on that ratio account. All the drill down rows go back to dollar format and round to nearest integer. So instead of showing 57% for example, every single drill down row just shows a value of 1.

The requirement is to have this ratio account on rows (not columns) and to allow drilldown.

Is there a way to make the drill down rows also display in % format?. They are still referring to the ratio account in their values, just not in their formatting.

Thanks in advance for any help!