Email alert - filter out Idle threads

Hope to get some instructions on configuring the body of the Pulse alert email that is sent out. Thank you in advance!

Namely, the default Pulse email alerts show all threads (which can be a lengthy list) and we want to filter out the idle threads (similar to what you can do in the Session monitor).

I found some old documentation which talks about editing “pulse/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/alert-templates/alert-templates/default.hbs”. I found a section in the HTML which repeats the rows for each thread but I’m not sure how to reference just the non-idle threads. I assume there’s something I can add to this section to filter out the idle threads? Thanks!

<div style="padding: 3px;">
            {{#each state.serviceStates}}
              {{#isRunning this serviceState }}

Hi Wei,

The documentation we have is for Pulse 5, we are currently working on a new article to customize emails with Pulse 6.

We’ll post it here once it is available.

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi @weiview ,

The article has been updated: Customising Your Email Alerts (Pulse 6+ versions) - Cubewise CODE

I hope this help,

Cheers,

Vincent

2 Likes

Thanks for updating the document Vincent! For anyone curious, here’s the solution using Handlebar (need to add the “unless” clause in this section of the default template):

{{#each TM1Top.items }}
  {{#unless this.isIdle }}
    <tr>
      <td style="padding: 10px;">{{threadId}}</td>
      {{#if displayName}}
        <td style="padding: 10px;">{{displayName}}</td>
      {{else}}
        <td style="padding: 10px;">{{userName}}</td>
      {{/if}}
      <td style="padding: 10px;">{{context}}</td>
      <td style="padding: 10px;">{{state}}</td>
      <td style="padding: 10px;">{{function}}</td>