Date Range When Create Migration Package

Hi,

What logic is used when filtering the changes by a date range when creating a migration package?

I want to select a date range to filter the changes for a specific week, but I don’t get all the changes that I know about. When I select the same date in both the “to” and “from” fields, I don’t get anything. I have to select the next day in the “to” field. It’s as if I get the changes up to the day before the date I have selected in the “to” field. Is that the expected behaviour?

Thanks.

Hi @R.B

There isn’t any complex logic, it just checks for changes between the two dates. To confirm that Pulse has picked up the changes go change tracking. That should list the changes that Pulse has found.

So if I select Monday to Friday, I should get all the changes that were made on those five days?

Currently, Pulse is not listing any changes for the “to” date. In the change history I can see 2 pages of changes for Monday affecting about 5 processes. If I select from Monday to Monday when creating the migration package no changes are identified. If I select Monday to Wednesday, I get the changes for Monday and Tuesday, but not Wednesday.

I’m seeing the same behaviour in versions 5.7.5 and 5.7.10 on two different machines.

Hi @R.B

Can you share some screen shots please?

Here are some screenshots. To reproduce the behaviour you should just need to create a process and then create a migration package changing the “to” and “from” dates both to today.

Hi @R.B,

Could you please try one day after, from 2019-02-25 to 2019-02-26?

Regards,

Erik

If I select a date range of two days, then I get the changes for the first day. This is what prompted the initial question.

Hi @R.B,

Sorry I misunderstood, the date selected is at 12AM, so as @ecarmona says you need to select two different dates to get a range.

Hi @R.B,

That is correct, Pulse reports this in the pulse.log when the “Source Control” is chosen as Package Type, i.e.

2019-02-28 10:07:14 INFO com.cubewise.api.migration.PackageCreateChangesServlet:76 Getting changes for server tm1srv01, from 15/02/19 12:00 AM to 15/02/19 12:00 AM, authors

Regards,

Erik

@tryan @ecarmona,

Wouldn’t it be more logical to include the changes between the “from” and “to” dates, like the change tracking \ history screen does? For example if I select Monday to Friday, I would get the changes from Monday to Friday instead of Monday to Thursday. Otherwise you have to remember to select different dates depending on which screen you are in.

Hi @R.B
Could you please send us a ticket for this?

Regards,

Erik

Hi @ecarmona

I’ve created a ticket.

Thanks.

Hi @R.B,

We have included this in Pulse 5.8.1

Regards,

Erik