Connecting Pulse to a TM1 instance with Windows security (mode 2 and 3)

hey,

I am trying to set up Pulse 6 to use Windows Security to connect to the TM1 instances. I am following the instructions on the below URL; however, it doesn’t work when picking Security Type = Windows but it does when using Native TM1 using the same domain account that runs the Pulse Application Server.

Is there any extra step I am missing?

Thanks!

Hi @Daniel_Espinosa ,

Could you please show us what you have done? Do you have screenshots of the Pulse services?

What is important is that the Pulse services need to run under a Windows Service account, configured with an Admin privilege in TM1. It is recommended to use the same account as the one running the TM1 instances.

Cheers,

Vincent

Thanks for your quick response.
Yes, we have a Windows Service account with an Admin privilege in the TM1 instance.
The same account runs the Pulse-related services.
The same account runs the TM1 instance.
If I choose Security Type = “Native TM1” and use that account typing user and password, the connection works. But when I switch to using Security Type = Windows, I would expect it to work as well but it doesn’t.

Hi @Daniel_Espinosa,

Well as you are using mode 2, you can use the Native TM1 security type and it’s working so I would just select security type = “Native TM1”.

If you want to investigate deeper why the Windows security type is not working for me then please raise a ticket on our support portal here so you can share your logs and configuration files with us.

Cheers,

Vincent