Arc - Time Management Tool

Hi,

I was just having a quick looking at the new Time Management tool in Arc (Release: Arc v1.10.0). It looks like there is lots of flexibility there to build the time based hierarchies. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to save the configuration so that it’s easy to add another attribute or year without having to make the selections again?
  2. Is there a way to add in non-calendar periods e.g. Period 13, 14 etc. that are in financial systems?

Thanks.

Hi @R.B,

1. With v1.9.0, there is no way to save your settings but please create an enhancement request, we will see if we can add it in the next release
  2. With v1.9.0, you can’t add extra elements others than “calendar periods”. The workaround for the time being will be to add these elements with a TI or manually after running the Time Management tool. Please create an enhancement request.
    What does Period 13 and 14 means?

Cheers,

Vincent

Most companies run their fiscal periods as celendar month or 4-4-5. However, there are also quite a few companies (mainly consumer goods) who have a fiscal year of 13 x 4 week periods (with a 5 week period 13 every 6th year). Other companies also sometimes use period 13 or 14 (up to 16) for special year end bookings.

1. I think being able to save the “settings” can be useful.
  2. I would like to ask the MTD / MTG = Month to Date, Month to Go heirarchy/rollups, available for the dimension having days/dates as the leaves. it is almost must-to-have when we getting into a daily module;
  3. I would also ask for JDE date format can be available as alias or attribues. we have couple porject having JDE integration, which is using Julian Date format.

Thanks,
Lingo

Hi @lwang,

Thanks for the recommendations.

You can raise a enhancement request here:

We can then take it further from there!

Sure. Submitted already.