Arc Memory Usage Problem

Hello everyone,

Arc suddenly starts to consume more memory on client’s machine, even if I don’t actively use it. It becomes impossible to use the machine without ending the task. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @selinuryan ,

It looks like a memory leak, how are you using Arc? Through the desktop version? What tabs are open? Do you have any tabs that are polling TM1, i.e. sessions or server logs?

We need some more information to look into it.

Hi @selinuryan,

Is this issue related to the same client as logged by @sankethsuresh on the Arc support ticket 1347?

(The ticket is private so the link below will probably not open for you - including as reference)

Thanks.

https://support.cubewise.com/code/arc/issues/1347

Hi @tryan,

we are using TM1 server as service. Currently, we are using arc only for development. We don’t know which tabs cause this issue but it happened several times while different tabs were open. A rule tab was open when the final issue occurred. If the answer is not enough, I can also send the log file or anything you need.

Thanks.

Hi @gpool,

the link is not opened, can you sent the content in a way that I can see?

Thanks.

Hi @selinuryan,

Sorry we cant share private ticket information on the forum.

The ticket itself just cited that there is also a memory leak issue.
There was not a lot of information given so we are still in the process of investigating.

That being said you can open a ticket at the support link below, after creating a user.
When creating the ticket please use and fill out all the existing bug template.

More information is always better so please also include and elaborate on:
-which Arc client(s) were used,
-number of Arc developers working concurrently when the issue occurred,
-actions taken by Arc users when issues occurred,
-if the Arc service is installed alongside the tm1 server,
etc.

Thanks.

Hi @gpool,

I opened a ticket as you mentioned. Thanks for your help!