Arc 4.4.1 Formatting Issue

Hi Team,

I have encountered a formatting issue in Arc version 4.4.1, if a measure dimension has no format attribute setup then the values in the cube ends with ( . ) or period symbol.

If I double click the value, its still a normal value without period symbol.

Any comments?

1 Like

Hi @rnatarajan ,

What is the format defined in TM1?

Hi @Vincent, No format defined. I checked the same in 4.4.1104 version it’s working fine where as the one that I got is 4.4.1 version.

I presume this might be fixed in the latest release.

v4.4.1 can use cube formatting when no format attribute defined.

v4.4.1104 is an older interim build.

As you can see below, the cube has some measures and one of them is “Test” has no format defined but the other 2 has some formatting.

The one has no format is showing like below with (.) or period symbol at the end of the number.

I’ve downloaded the latest which is arc.4.4.1_win64 in my desktop and still showing the same result. so not sure is there any other setting in my computer has any impact meanwhile I’ll check with others and let you know soon.

Hi @rnatarajan, are you sure it’s not related to the new feature in the Cube Viewer to create formats for unformatted cells?

I can replicate (or at least approximate?) what you’re seeing if I select Custom format and enter a single period in the Styles textbox:

Thanks @harvey but I got nothing defined under value/custom format.

Another interesting one is, the Mar month is showing 2 decimal value format that I input directly if there is anything that defined in custom format that will also apply to Mar month as well, but it didn’t.

I have seen this same behavior in version 4.4.1, any new cube with no TM1 format, seems like the “default” format for numbers in Arc is the number with the dot symbol but no decimal places, if the number has no decimals.