11 tips to write TI's code faster with the Arc Process Editor

Hi everyone

The Arc Process Editor has many little gems that will make you write TI’s code way faster that you have ever done before with:

Main article:

Happy coding!

Cheers,

Vincent

2 Likes

@Vincent I wasn’t aware of the TextOutput shortcuts to automatically create a snippet on the fly to output parameters or variables. I would like to suggest an enhancement to this feature which would make it more useful.

There can be quite a lot of variables and so keeping track of which variable is in which position can be difficult. I thik it woudl be god to
EITHER create 2 lines; 1 for header which user can cut & paste between if test of record counter to just output once and 1 for the variable output
OR concatenate variable name and value with expand in the TestOutput

E.g. 1st option
TextOutput( ‘Debug.txt’, ‘V1’, ‘V2’, ‘V3’ );
TextOutput( ‘Debug.txt’, V1, V2, V3 );

E.g. 2nd option
TextOutput( ‘Debug.txt’, Expand(‘V1:%V1%’), Expand(‘V2:%V2%’), Expand(‘V3:%V3%’) );

There’s another benefit of using Expand which is that you can use it for numeric as well as string variables (it just represents numeric variables as decimal with 4 dp precision) so there’s no separate treatment of numeric vs string variables.

Good point @cw-ch-scott!

That would be helpful if Arc could create the headers as well.

Could you please submit an enhancement request: Issues · Cubewise CODE / Arc and Slice · GitLab

Cheers,

Vincent

1 Like