Update Documentation performance issue

Hi Team,

One of TM1 instance taking more than 4hr while updateing the documentation. Please let me know how to improve the update documentation performance in Pulse. Please share if have any checklist document.

Hi @janardhan ,

Pulse triggers multiple activities during the documentation process.

The following two steps are the primary time-consuming steps of the process:

1. Set ForceQualifiedDimensionElementsDownload = false in the Pulse.cfg file. This way, Pulse will only document elements if** Source Level **is ticked for the dimension.
  2. Turn off Performance Monitor. Pulse will stop storing the cube stats.

I hope this help,

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi @Vincent ,

We are getting this issue, post Pulse upgrade from v6.1.3 to vPulse.6.3.20240216 (which is provided by Paul Lim

Regards,
Janardhan G

Hi @janardhan ,

Could you please try the recommendations I suggested above, it will make the documentation execute faster.

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi @Vincent ,

It was working with out any issue earlier, post upgrade it is taking huge time to update the document.

Hi @janardhan ,

It is probably related to this new setting ForceQualifiedDimensionElementsDownload.

Just follow the recommendations I sent previously.

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi @Vincent ,

.cfg file is already updated with **[ForceQualifiedDimensionElementsDownload = false]. It was working fine without any issue but now(post upgrade) its taking lot of time.

Regards,
Janardhan G

Hi @janardhan ,

Are you sure the Pulse App Server has been restarted after you updated the setting?

I can see you already created ticket #4477, let’s continue on the ticket. We’ll post the solution on this post once we have done further investigation.

Cheers,

Vincent