Readonly on some columns

Hi,
Can you please help me achieve how to set the readonly to certain columns in the view?
I have the feeling that because I’ve set the inputOnConsolidations to enabled true that I can’t make the other columns readonly? If so, can you advise how to resolve this?

In my view, I’ve listed the current year from Jan - December and the users can edit these columns. In the next column, I have listed 2022 as my Full Year Budget and this is needs to be just a display information (readonly).

Here is what my settings look like:
{
“table”: {
“inputOnConsolidations”: {
“enabled”: true
},
“columnFormat”: {
“2022”: [
{
“dataColumn”: “Calculation column”,
“condition”: “<”,
“value”: “0”,
“className”: “kpi-red”,
“readOnly”: true
}
]
}
}

Thank you.

Can you share your view as screenshot? Why did you base your condition to another column?

Hi Monder,

Sorry, I’m just very new to Apliqo UX so I’m just trying out the conditional formats. Disregard that for now - what I really need to make it work is the read/write on certain columns like in the Perspectives.

Here’s what my view look like

I am not sure if you’re able to see the image I’ve uploaded but this is how it looks:

Jan   Feb  Mar --->  Dec  2022(Budget)   2023(Budget)

AccountName 200 300 100 → 150 1000 1200

*** Jan - Dec needs to be a write (depending on the security from TM1), the ability to change from the consolidation is really great that’s why I’ve used the InputonConsolidations to true

*** 2022(Budget), 2023(Budget) should be a readonly as the values here do not change once locked.

In my cube settings for the view, I have a subview for Jan - Dec for the current year.
And another subview for the 2022 & 2023 Budget.
*** Both subviews use the same cube

Thank you!

Hi,

I think you can have multiple alternatives to resolve this:

1. I dont think you should hardcode 2022 as column name in UX because this can change over time/year. You can make this dynamic from next year attribute of year selection:

“$<<UXApp.Year.Year::NextYear>>”: [
{“readOnly”: true}]}

1. Or you can make the whole second sub view read only from advance settings of that second sub view (not very sure but should be possible I guess)

“table”:{“readOnly”:true}

1. Explore cell security in TM1 side

Hope this helps
Muhammed

Thanks, @monder
I was actually able to resolve it this morning by doing the same thing as you’ve suggested but I still had to retain the inputonConsolidations. I’ve just re-arranged the columnFormat to go up.
“table”: {
“2022”: [
{
}
],
“2023”: [
{
}
]
},
“inputOnConsolidations”: {
“enabled”: true
},

My next question was on how to dynamically set the column’s names so thanks for your suggestion.
Similar to the “$<UXApp.Year.Year::NextYear>”, what is the function for the next 2 years, 3 years, etc.?

Thank you!

Hi @MFS,

“Next Year” is not a function, it is an attribute on Year dimension.
If you create “Year1” and “Year2” attributes (for next year and the other year, of course you can name the attributes as you want) on year dimension, then you can do:
“$<<UXApp.Year.Year::Year1>>”: [{“readOnly”: true}],
“$<<UXApp.Year.Year::Year2>>”: [{“readOnly”: true}]
}

Silly me!
Thanks for pointing that out :grinning: