Pulse vcs folder to deploy back to TM1

Hi there,

There is a vcs folder in Pulse, it is possible to sync the content to Github!

Now, let’s assume we also have Pulse for the deployment, how do we migrate the vcs content storing in Github to say a UAT environment?

Regards

Tat

Hi Tat,

You should use a migration package. You could use a push/pull to sync the GIT repositories but that wouldn’t update the TM1 model.

Hi Tim,

Yes, definitely using Pulse in the process.

So can I say the procedure is the following:

1. Pull the objects from Github back to a folder.
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Import the zip file to Pulse as a migration package.
  4. Migrate that to TM1 using Pulse.

Regards

Tat

Hi Tat,

Pulling the changes will update the source control folder which will allow you to create a package but it it risky as there are some files that may not be stored in source control such as dimension elements. Also, the next time the documentation is run the source control will be updated with what ever the current state is the TM1 model.

Hi Tim,

Not 100% understand what you mean!

Let me try ask differently, can I pull the content down and make it as a Pulse package, then deploy it to an empty model? If so, what could be the steps?

Regards

Tat

Hi Tat,

No, not really. It isn’t designed to work that way, you could try it but it would be use at you own risk.

If you want to populate an empty instance just use the All package type from TM1 instance that you want to copy. There isn’t any need to push/pull.