Because Oracle will change the license and support model of java we are evaluating all tools which are using it. As Pulse needs java we have some following questions. It would be nice to get some answers:
- Which java version does Pulse use? (we are currently working with Pulse version 5.5.1)
- Is Pulse compatible to OpenJDK
- Is the Java JRE/JDK directly delivered with Pulse and are the security patches included?
- Is a fat client installed and does it need Java (JDK/JRE)? (we suppose not)
- Does Pulse need in the client browser "Java Applet" or "Java Web Start"? If yes, is it on the roadmap to substitute it with better solutions? Would it be removed till FEB 2019?
Thanks for your help!