Pulse Documentation and Change Tracking not working

Hi All

Our Pulse documentation and change tracking stopped working on one of our tm1 servers a few weeks back.

When updating the documentation we get the following error:

I have checked everything per other posts regarding documentation (e.g. security type (native) and username), but have not found a resolution to date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
David

1 Like

After trying everything and checking the logs, I found a file called “index.lock” in the C:\Program Files\Pulse for TM1\vcs\git<server name>.git directory. It seems this was causing the issue as after renaming this file the documentation updated successfully!

Hi @anz.fin.all.mailbox,

Sorry for the delay, we have been on the Client Day roadshow this week. Great that you fixed it, yes that file is used to lock the repository while applying updates.

Hi @tryan, we have a similar issue here. Can you explain a bit more about when and how this index.lock gets created. Can we load the changes were not tracked back to the repository? Thanks.

Hi @kzhong,

Git repositories only allow one process to make changes at a time. It manages that by creating the index.lock file, it says to any other processes that repository is being updated so you can’t. We aren’t sure why it doesn’t get removed, it may be because the Pulse server was stopped during an update.

If you run the Documentation all of the changes will be added but it won’t identify who the change was made by.

Hi @tryan, the index.lock file happened again recently but still not sure why. Further to the index.lock file, I noticed a write.lock file exists in the below folder. Should this be removed as well? Thanks.

Hi @kzhong,

this one refers to the Lucene index user for the search feature within Pulse, this should be recycled when Pulse updates the index. I would suggest to leave it, this is different from the index.lock.

Regards,

Erik