Migrate Pulse DB (Multiple TM1 instances)

Hi there,

I am aware that if we want to migrate folder from one server to another and there are steps to follow.

However, I have a machine that have 6 TM1 instances, and we want to move only 2 TM1 instances off from this machine and put that to a new machine, however, we need Pulse historical data for analysis purpose.

What would be the steps to just migrate 2/6 of TM1 instances?

Regards

Tat

Hi @twong,

If I understand correctly you want to migrate Pulse from one server DEV1 which has 6 instances A, B, C, D, E and F to a new server DEV2 which has 2 instances A and B.

To keep Pulse history while migrating Pulse to another server, you can follow these steps. After migrating Pulse into DEV2, the Pulse DB will still contain information about the 6 instances but from the Web Client you will be able to access only the 2 available instances A and B.

If you are worried about the size of the Pulse DB, you can clean the tables (removing all lines which contains instances C,D,E and F) but you don’t have to do it. If you have enough space on DEV2 server you can leave the history of C,D,E and F in the Pulse DB.

Cheers,

Vincent

1 Like