Display Captions for Dimensions and Cubes within Apliqo

Hi Everyone - I am new to Apliqo and have a requirement to show the Cube, Dimensions and members with an alternative name to the end users hence wanted to use the Caption feature described within the following IBM technote name within Apliqo dashboard.

I could only find an option to show members using Caption within Apliqo however could not find any option for Dimensions and Cubes. All three objects are showing up with Caption names within Planning Analytics Workspace.

Can you please advise how can I use the caption feature for cubes and dimensions or any other alternative method to display cubes and dimensions using alternative names.

Apliqo Version: 2022.06.00
Planning Analytics: PA 2.0.9.6

Thanks,
Kumar

Hi @rkuma145 there isn’t anything special you need to do. Apliqo UX will automatically show captions in the end user UI provided that they exist. To localize a model you can use the process }bedrock.server.localize. Note that for dimensions, cubes, processes, chores the caption isn’t stored in the }ElementAttributes and }LocalizedElementAttributes cube but in the }CubeProperties and }LocalizedCubeProperties cubes (or }DimensionProperties, etc. depending on control object type).

If a caption is defined for a dimension or hierarchy this will automatically display in the

• Label field for filter and fixed dimensions (just leave the field empty)
  • Label field or row header for dimensions on rows in grid widgets (just leave the field empty)
  • As the caption for dimension or hierarchy buttons in the cube settings dialog

As there is no requirement for a caption to be an alias when selecting cubes as data source for a widget or adding a hierarchy in the cube settings dialog the technical name is displayed. This is so the report developer can be sure or the object being selected as multiple objects could have the same caption.

Note that unlike PAW which will use the browser locale for the caption display Apliqo UX leaves the language selection up to the end user with the “Change language to” under the user options. (Unless the USE_BROWSER_LOCALE_AS_LOCALE setting in the default constants is set to true. It is false by default). If there are extra languages you want to support this is done by adding locale .json files in the lang folder of the webapp.