Defaulting View in Wizard to Dimension Element Specific to Client

Hi,

I would like to create a wizard that allows the users to select a number of elements that are then processed in a TI process. My initial thought is to have a cube that includes the client dimension, allow the user to select the elements to include and then execute the process that refers to that cube, looking at the data for that particular user.

So my questions are.

1. Is there a better approach in UX?
  2. How can I default the client dimension selection to the logged on user (CAM Users)?

Thanks.

Let me make sure I understand what you propose.
Something like a 3D cube which contains

• }Clients or }APQ Clients
  • Some kind of list index dimension
  • Measure dimension with string measure

So in the cube the user would type in, paste in, etc. a list of values corresponding to elements. A TI process would then loop the index dimension for the user and determine the list of valid elements, … and then do whatever else it needs to do?

This sounds relatively straight forward and I think would work just fine. If the TI process has a parameter for user e.g. pUserName then you could either us the parameter type subnm e.g.
“type”: “subnm”,
“dimension”: “}Clients”,
“tm1Mdx”: “{StrToMember( ‘[}Clients].[’+USERNAME+’]’ )}”

This will default the parameter value to the current user. But probably even simpler pass the parameter as empty and just have logic on the prolog of the TI process to use TM1User() function if the parameter is empty.

Hi @cw-ch-scott

I was thinking along the lines of

• }Clients or }APQ Clients
  • What ever dimension I need e.g. Employee
  • Measure dimension with an element to indicate if the Employee should be transferred (Check box, 1/0, Yes/No).

From your suggestion, In UX I was able to use {StrToMember( ‘[}Clients].[’+USERNAME+’]’ )} in the MDX option for the dimension. This is what I was looking for.

Thanks

If you want to do this specifically then this can be done nicely in the UX. In your measure dimension create an attribute called “CellType” and for the element that will hold the 1 or 0 values enter a value for the attribute of “Checkbox”. This works for both numeric and string values, as long as the checked value is a 1.
e.g.