1st character of text entry missed

This seems to be a common issue in a few Canvas applications that I have worked with. When entering into DBR cells the 1st character is often missed (or rather it is entered but then spontaneously is deleted) and you need to go back and enter it. Is this an issue with angular or a bug in Canvas? Is there a way to fix this other than force yourself to wait 1 second after selecting a cell before starting to type?

This auto-deleting of the first character also happens for numeric cells. It only happens on the first time the cell is selected and I think it has to do with the clearing of the “default value” to make way for data entry. On subsequent selections and data entry (even following ctrl+A & delete) there is no issue with the 1st character getting removed.

Hi @cw-ch-scott,

It was more of because the other cells where you are encountering this issue was just getting a refresh of values from TM1.

So if you have 10 cells for example, and you update cell 1, and then quickly move on and update cell 2, the updates done on cell 1, triggers an update on all the DBRs on that page, therefore ‘resetting’ the values momentarily.

We will look into this and see how to better handle it and keep this topic updated.

Cheers!

Paul

Hi @cw-ch-scott,

Just to update this post that a fix has been added in the build for this and will be part of the next release.

Cheers!

Paul

Hi Paul - can the first place this fix is implemented please be the timesheet? I believe this is really bothering a lot of people. We have much more latency in Europe vs Sydney to the server so for entering timesheets it is a real pain.