Pulse on AWS Cloud Server

Hi there,

I’ve got a couple of questions regarding Pulse on the cloud:

Is it possible to install Pulse on a Cloud server?
If yes, would you have any documentation/recommandation to have Pulse using https/SSL?
If not, do you have a timeline of when that’s going to be available, and if an alternative solution exists while waiting for it?

Cheers,
Celine

Hi Celine,

Yes that is possible, in terms of AWS I believe your are referring to running servers in their “cloud”, called EC2 on their platform. Really that is just an off premise server so it is no different to running it on a normal server. There is an article on code.cubewise.com regarding the setup of SSL for Pulse: Using SSL With Pulse - Cubewise CODE

Thanks for the ssl link.

I have a question on how licensing config file will work on the cloud - aws.

do we still need to email support for the license file specifying the machine names as we usually test ci/cd on aws with pulse installed - we have lot of stripping and booting new ec2 instances in unless its prod. If you can suggest a better efficient way.

Hi @shallabh.khera,

Yes, a license file per server name is required. On AWS you can maintain the same server name between restarts: Configure a Windows instance using the EC2Config service - Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud

On the “General” tab there is a Set Computer Name check box.

Thanks @tryan.
As per our CI/CD setup - we reset server name with each build / auto-heal. could you please suggest another option.

Hi @shallabh.khera,

Sorry, there isn’t another option at this stage other than requesting a license file for the server names.